Anthem, Inc. Capture Director - Federal Business in Arlington, Virginia
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At National Government Services, an independent subsidiary of Anthem, Inc. and one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
The Federal Government Services (FGS) Business Development and Proposals team is looking for a Capture Director to join its team. This high-performing individual contributor will be an internally facing critical member of FGS’s sales team. He/she will be responsible for positioning and capture execution of our federal healthcare contract pursuits.
[The position can work remotely from any US Anthem Location]
Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Develops and executes capture plans for the pursuit and capture of key opportunities.
• Obtains market as well as competitive intelligence and develops solution, teaming and pricing strategies.
• Participates in bid decisions, develops and presents the opportunities at phase/gate reviews for approval.
• Leads the development and evaluation of technical content and contractual compliance of proposals.
• Partners with operations to develop winning strategies.
• Participates in the proposal process and provides recommendations for improvement of quality/content.
• Collaborates with Business Development Account Manager to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements.
Requires a BA/BS; 10 years of experience in strategic planning and business development with Federal agencies, proven successful past performance leading capture and proposal activities for significant opportunities ($100M and more); or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. MBA preferred.
Highly preferred experience:
-Experience in a capture or sales function of a service-based product such as Healthcare IT, Healthcare analytics, Health systems, or Cloud computing within both civilian and defense agencies.
-Federal agency experience such as CMS, VA, NIA, HHS
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.