Elevance Health Planning & Performance Director in Arlington, Virginia
Planning & Performance Director
Job Family: Business Development and Planning
Type: Full time
Date Posted:Jul 07, 2022
Req #: PS75204
Location: Washington DC
The Planning & Performance Director will be responsible to the Medicaid Market President for the coordination, alignment, and oversight of all functions supporting health plan operations in DC. This director will support annual planning, strategy, and business change management across all functions responsible to the plan.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Supports the annual planning efforts and the execution of the 3 year annual business plan that includes internal and external communications and associate engagement activities.
• Program responsibilities such as executive reporting, project communications, management of issues logs and change requests, facilitating project meetings, managing deliverables and ensuring resolution of escalated issues.
• Develops and coordinates presentations and materials for executive management meetings, internal and external speaking engagements and meetings.
• Responsible for the implementation and execution of strategy that includes change management, sponsorship and buy-in and advocacy efforts to get business results.
• Provides process, project, and change management methodology coaching/consulting support for initiatives including regulatory and mandated projects, health care reform special projects, and corporate initiatives.
• Leads, identifies, tracks and reports on areas for increased efficiency.
• Develops, monitors, and tracks metrics supporting budget and spend.
• Manages variance process, staffing plans, and adds to staff (budget neutral).
Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience in Medicaid operations, project management, and/or project implementation with multi-year, organization-wide, cross-functional initiatives.
Experience in a matrix organization requiring vendor management and management of direct support partners in meeting service requirements.
State government knowledge and/or experience is a plus.
Master’s degree preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
EEO Policy Statement
EEO is the Law Postero
EEO Poster Supplement-English Version
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Elevance Health, Inc. is an E-verify Employer
Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 1-877-204-7664