Anthem, Inc. Sr Director of Sales Strategy and Growth – Beacon External Growth in Norfolk, Virginia
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Beacon Health Options, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
For more than 30 years, Beacon Health Options has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 37 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, our mission is to help people live their lives to the fullest potential. Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
Sr Director of Sales Strategy and Growth – Beacon External Growth
Beacon Health Option’s External Growth and Sales team is looking for a Sr Director of Sales Strategy and Growth to join its team. This role is responsible for collaborating with the Beacon enterprise to drive external sales revenue opportunity through identification and evaluation of growth opportunities. This role can work remotely from any US Anthem location.
· Leads efforts for market by market, product by product, line of business growth strategy and tactics and alignment across the enterprise and with key partners (e.g. government relations, broader DBG sales organization)
· Captures market trends, identify growth in both existing markets and new markets including identify funding sources, trends, revenue opportunity and follows the funding to identify new growth opportunities
· Leads efforts in deep market intelligence on proactive RFP searching, RFP win/loss analysis, new opportunity tracking, in collaboration with the sales and growth teams
· Drive behavioral health specific market intelligence – market positioning, competitive responses, competitor playbooks, etc.
· Support ad hoc external growth needs including sales target setting, budget planning, reporting requests for sales leads and the proposal teams, inorganic growth analysis, senior leadership reporting, etc.
· Partners closely across the organization including with the Beacon Product, Sales, Account teams, DBG organization, and Anthem organization.
· Prepares, manages and/or delivers succinct, insightful and influential executive-level presentations.
· Provides and grows technical knowledge and subject matter expertise.
Requires a BA/BS in a related field and a minimum of 7 years experience in healthcare or managed care industry in strategic planning, business development, sales, and project and program management; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. MBA preferred.
Highly Preferred Skills and Experience:
· Master’s or other advanced degree
· Behavioral health experience or other related healthcare/managed care experience
· Healthcare consulting experience preferred
· Demonstrates thought leadership, innovative tendencies, and ability to execute on strategy through seasoned relationship building, including positive executive level interaction and an ability to engage in difficult conversations
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Anthem approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws. Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.