Anthem, Inc. Sr Director of Strategy and Business Insights - Beacon Behavioral Health in Norfolk, Virginia
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Beacon Health Options, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
For more than 30 years, Beacon Health Options has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 37 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, our mission is to help people live their lives to the fullest potential. Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
Beacon’s Senior Director of Strategy and Business Insights will collaborate with executives to lead and develop Beacon’s strategic plan. Working with market presidents, clinical leadership, operations leadership, and shared service function leaders, this People Manager will drive a unified vision and strategy for Beacon’s behavioral health business with a goal of achieving significant growth within the next five years.
[This position can work remotely from anywhere in the US]
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee strategy, market research, competitive intelligence, innovation, digital strategy, and consumer experience functions, and informing direction for new product developments, product changes/enhancements.
• Create the 3–5-year strategic plan and lead the strategic planning process that addresses customer and market demands that enable the business transformation needed to meet future consumer and customer needs.
• Support the development of short- and long-range local business plans (1-3 years) and annual operating budget to meet goals.
• Reviews, analyzes, provides insights, and makes recommendations for new and existing products. Monitors product performance and the competitive environment to develop product strategies and new product development opportunities. Leverage market data and analytics to identify new product opportunities to achieve growth goals
• Monitor progress and report on key metrics for both internal and external reporting to executive leadership and serve as the SME on related topics.
• Accountable for developing and maintaining a comprehensive understanding of our competitors' products, appetite, and capabilities; provides insights into new and emerging needs in the industry. Transform competitor intelligence into relevant, accurate, and usable strategic knowledge to create strategies and new product development opportunities.
• Identify and assess M&A opportunities by outlining areas where partnerships and acquisitions would allow Beacon’s products and services to be more competitive in the marketplace and support growth goals.
• Provide subject matter expertise for thought leadership, consumer trends, industry trends, regulatory trends, policies, threats, and opportunities.
• Build, develop, and lead high-performing, cross-functional teams.
BA/BS degree; 8 years of progressive experience leading teams in a matrix environment and experience in strategy, and/or service strategy within the Behavioral Health/Healthcare industry, informing new product development; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
• MBA preferred.
• Experience in analytics, market research, market trends, and understanding customer needs.
• Experience in developing business cases for funding justification.
• Experience in crafting strategies to support a business, division, or group goals.
• Strong business acumen, financial and organizational knowledge; Technical competency in using financial reporting tools
• Ability to influence and collaborate with senior-level management team
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.