Anthem, Inc. Benefits Analyst I in Richmond, Virginia
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Benefits Analyst I
Open to any location including a remote arrangement
Responsible for identifying business needs and translates the needs into application software requirements in support of operations, productions and projects. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Designs and builds new standard and non-standard benefit plans, reviews and analyze benefit summaries
· Identifies best approach to code/develop benefits to achieve optimum adjudication levels
· Maintains avoidance to negative financial, regulatory, and operational impact. Performs testing and quality assurance of product developed
· Research and analysis of RFP proposals, small product enhancements and product projects
· Creates and maintains issue logs on appropriate tool, resolve defects based on knowledge and analysis of system functionality
· Researches and responds to inquiries from various departments in a timely fashion
· Collects and analyzes data about business needs, assists in determining specific business application software requirements, and ensures requirements are incorporated into system designs and testing
· Builds and enters custom benefit plans with the appropriate plan provisions and state mandates for various medical products
· Researches and responds to standard inquiries from various departments.
· Provides support with a focus on customer satisfaction.
· Demonstrates and applies an understanding of state mandates and the plan provisions contained in the certificate of insurance and Summary of Benefits and Coverage.
· Assists with quality audits
What We Offer
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
· Experience and working knowledge of Computer, Internet and Microsoft Office products (Excel intermediate experience required) and Adobe Acrobat Pro
· Good communication skills (written & Verbal)
· Critical analysis and logical thinking skills
· Proven experience and ability to meet high quality standards (timeliness and accuracy)
· Previous health insurance experience, benefit experience is a plus
· Prior Business Analyst/IT experience, a plus
- Claims/ Benefits/ Customer Service/ Health Insurance background a plus
Recent college grad a plus; experience in claims processing, previous medical health care or analytical experience; benefit coding experience; or any combination of education and experience that would provide an equivalent background. BA/BS degree preferred
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.