Elevance Health Health Equity Dir in Roanoke, Virginia
Health Equity Dir
Job Family: Medical and Clinical
Type: Full time
Date Posted:Jul 07, 2022
Req #: PS75199
Location: Washington DC
Health Equity Director
Responsible for assisting Washington DC Health Plan community and stakeholder engagement experience, while applying the application of science-based quality improvement methods to reduce health disparities.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with the strategic design, implementation, and evaluation of health equity efforts in the context of the population health initiatives
• Inform decision-making around best payer practices related to disparity reductions, including the provision of health equity and social determinant of health resources and research to leadership and programmatic areas and providing Health Plan teams with relevant and applicable resources and research and ensuring that the perspectives of members with disparate outcomes are incorporated into the tailoring of intervention strategies;
• Collaborate with the Health Plan analytics team to ensure the Health Plan collects and meaningfully uses race, ethnicity, and language data to identify disparities;
• Coordinate and collaborate with members, providers, local and state government, community-based organizations, and other entities to impact health disparities at a population level;
• Ensure that efforts addressed at improving health equity, reducing disparities, and improving cultural competence are designed collaboratively with other entities to have a collective impact for the population.
Requires a BA/BS degree and 5+ years of experience, preferably in public health, social/human services, social work, public policy, health care, education, community development, or justice; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills and Experience
Managed Care Experience
Knowledge of DC Medicaid
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
EEO Policy Statement
EEO is the Law Postero
EEO Poster Supplement-English Version
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Elevance Health, Inc. is an E-verify Employer
Email us (email@example.com) or call 1-877-204-7664