Elevance Health Director, IT Strategy & Planning in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Director, IT Strategy & Planning
Job Family: Digital and Technology
Type: Full time
Date Posted:Jun 15, 2022
Req #: PS68568
IT Strategy & Planning Director
Primary Location: Atlanta GA
Other locations will be considered
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
The IT Strategy & Planning Director is responsible for IT strategic planning, analysis, and execution of IT functional plans to ensure growth and performance aligns with the organization's strategic intent. Opportunity to establish a multiyear roadmap for technology initiatives
How you will make an impact:
• Develop and execute multiyear IT strategies at the business unit to execute across the enterprise that aligns with the business unit priorities and those of IT.
• Partners with senior planning leaders and executive leadership to create a sound multi-year plan with clear planning assumptions and accurate financial insights for the IT function.
• Monitors and conducts research of related technology and business trends, using data and qualitative performance measures, to advise senior management relative to IT strategy.
• Synthesizes annual and multi-year plans to demonstrate tie-back to corporate and CIO-level strategies and goals.
• Conduct external research and engage partners across multiple departments within the broader enterprise to frame up potential strategic initiatives for investment or execution support.
• Use forecast models and scenario analysis to analyze performance and develop action plans to address emerging market and technological opportunities.
• Research new ventures and prospective service expansion opportunities.
• Lead budget planning and forecasts for the divisional IT organization. Closely work with finance to make sure stakeholders are aware of budgetary compliance and address issues appropriately.
• Work with key stakeholders as a thought leader and subject- matter expert to help brainstorm new processes and solutions.
• Effectively communicates technology Organization vision across the Company.
• Establishes and tracks goals, strategies and metrics against business goals and objectives. Create reports to support short-term and long-term strategies/plans.
• Understand industry trends to create strategic direction to ensure the right business challenges are identified and addressed.
• Create compelling presentations to articulate strategic recommendations, opportunities, and priorities with varied audiences, from executives in partner organizations to employees
• Should demonstrates strong cross-functional leadership.
• Requires a BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 10 years experience in Data Collection and Analysis, IT Consulting, IT Performance Management, Strategy or Financial Planning, Business Intelligence and Analytics, or Business Process Design; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a large matrixed organization.
• Strong program management experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as business acumen.
• Experience presenting to Executive Level Leaders.
• Strong analytical and financial knowledge.
• Curiosity for exploring market research, industry trends, and innovation to drive growth.
• Ability to work independently.
• Attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and work efficiently to meet tight deadlines with little supervision
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
EEO Policy Statement
EEO is the Law Postero
EEO Poster Supplement-English Version
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Elevance Health, Inc. is an E-verify Employer
Email us (email@example.com) or call 1-877-204-7664